Sunday, December 23, 2012

A Public Service Announcement

     Well, I was bored the other day, so I decided to clean out my backpack. Inside I found a really awesome thing called a dual diffraction grating. Basically it breaks normal light out into it's different components, or the spectrum of light. The resulting image of looking through the grating at light is pretty awesome. For example, this is a picture of our Christmas tree.

And this is the tree looking through the diffraction grating

     So I showed this to my dad and he said it reminded him a bit of those old Public Service announcements. They all followed the same format. It would show a picture of something, say this is your brain. Then it would do something to said object and say it was your brain on drugs. Don't do drugs. The example he used was an egg. The Public Service announcement showed the egg and said it was your brain. Next it showed scrambled eggs, and say it was your brain of drugs, don't do drugs.

So this is your brain

This is your brain on drugs

Doesn't the second one look like a lot more fun? But seriously don't do drugs...

No comments:

Post a Comment