Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The Quiz That Could Not Lie

Every day in my Business Law class, we have a take-home quiz – in other words, our homework assignments for the class.

Using those old Scantron forms, we… well, yeah, it’s not very unique. It’s a section of true-or-false questions, ordered from the beginning of the chapter to the end, and a section of multiple choice questions, ordered from the beginning of the chapter to the end.

I, like what some others might do in the same scenario, tend to answer the first set as I read through the chapter, with the multiple choice section largely serving as review. Sometimes I read the chapter through first, and then answer everything, and that actually works fairly well for me sometimes. But this was not one of those cases.

I start answering the first set of questions as I read the chapter:

Scantron 1
Okay, first question true. Nothing abnormal.

Scantron 2
Two in a row – not too uncommon.

Scantron 3
Three? That’s a bit unusual. But it happens…

Scantron 4
Uhhhhhhhh…

…Yes, every single answer in the first section of the quiz was true. All 21 questions.

DSC_0438 (Edit - Second Crop)
I did have my doubts about number 12, but in the end, I decided it was true as well. That, and, well… EVERY SINGLE OTHER QUESTION WAS TRUE. It’s *possible* that just one could be false… but yeah. 
…And that’d be lame, too!

Thankfully (or maybe not?), they started to change up a bit after the first section:

DSC_0438 (Edit - Second Section)
…but it still doesn’t really allow the quiz to shake the appearance that it decided all of a sudden to feel bad about all the false statements it was making on a daily basis, and made the decision to change its ways.

Or something like that.

1 comment:

  1. My grandpa said he always gave a test with every answer as 'c' and watched as people quivered with wonder and terror.

    ReplyDelete