Saturday, November 24, 2012

What happens when I get up before noon on Saturdays...

     It's not very often that I have to wake up before noon on Saturdays, but when I woke up this morning I decided to check my email. I saw an email from Zen Magnets as I ordered some magnets from them yesterday, and I wanted to know about how long it would be before they arrived. It turns out they should be here next week (yay!) however, I also found this included in the email, and for this Zen Magnets will have my eternal respect (not that they didn't already)...

     "After a rigorous 4 step process of verifying the quality and consistency of each and every magnet, we donned silk gloves and placed it into a sacred padded envelope made of magic and lined with Unicorn fur, sealed the envelope with an adhesive made from strands of Gypsy hair, and wrapped the whole thing in a snazzy looking faux gold leaf paper, with elm leaf inlay from Costco. Unfortunately, by the time it gets to you, all of that fancy stuff will likely have been picked clean by the greedy postal service employees. Please don't be surprised to see just a plain padded envelope."


     After laughing at that for a few minutes, I went upstairs to eat some breakfast. I poured myself a bowl of Raisin Bran because I am a boring person who likes Raisin Bran. However on the back of this particular cereal box, they were advertising for the new version of Raisin Bran; they decided to add cinnamon and almonds to it. But their advertising just made me laugh, it said, "We've got cinnamon by the spoonful". Now I don't know what the advertising people at Kellogg were thinking, but a spoonful of cinnamon is not exactly what I'd call tasty. As a matter of fact, it's pretty much impossible to eat a spoonful of cinnamon. However, I still got a few laughs out of this one, and thankfully no milk or cereal exited my body through my nose. Sadly, this happens to me quite a bit, especially if Brandon is around...

    Thank you Zen Magnets and Raisin Bran for making my morning enjoyable.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes, they pick more than the fancy stuff...a moment of silence for the 3 sets of magnets I've lost to the postal service.

    Haha! Spoonful of cinnamon! I wonder if their marketing people tried that out? :D

    Maybe I should have gone over in the morning to make you shoot food from your nose....

    ReplyDelete